Friday, January 9, 2009

Thanks for a great childhood my friend...Lettuce

Today in the morning, when I woke up to drive my son to school, on my way back I started remembering a lot of things from my childhood and I wanted to write them down before I forgot.(you know, as we get old we tend to forget very easily thing we do a day before,imagine trying to remember our childhood...well, that's a lot to ask ..LOL)
in almost all of my childhood I remember having my great best friend Lety, by my side . I would like to share some of those great memories....(Lety, hope you can remember some of them and thank you for being such a big part in them)here we go.

It seems that since I opened my eyes lety, was by my side,and I really like that she was........

We used to make houses, out of bed sheets and pretend we had our own house.One day we placed some bricks on top of them, to stop them from slipping down,Bad idea because the brick ended up falling on top of lety's, head.the site of blood running down her face ended the fun that day............

We used to jump of a wall with an opened umbrella and say we were flying.it was a short flight, because we would end up quickly on the ground,but we kept on doing it over and over...............

Oh, there was the time when we used to catch glow bugs at night and rub them on our clothes, because we like the way they would glow on our shirts. not knowing at the time that we were rubbing the glow bugs poop on our shirts. ( no wonder the day after we would always have brown stains on our shirts and i would wonder where they came from.).......
.
I really liked going down to the field of wild flowers ,cutting them, making wreaths and necklaces out of them, an think we were the most beautiful girls around........

We would also get matching clothes and my mom would make the cutest curls on our hair,after we were allowed to go outside an show off our new look.Lety, would always sit all lady like on the sidewalk,while I would be getting on my knees to play marbles or,some boyish game.by the time we would go back in the house Lety still looked good and perfect while I looked if I had been rolling on the dirt with my hair all messed up, my clothes dirty, an not to mention my knees.guess who was the tomboy............

But, who could forget the day we went to the arroyo(it's like a big river)without my grandmas permission.She went to get us and spank us all the way home.We were crying and hid behind a wall,but after we turned around , saw each other and stared laughing,asking each other"did it hurt you"..............

There was the time were I was trying to teach lety how to ride the bike.I would run behind holding the bike to keep her from falling,she didn't fall but,did end up in a pile of trash cans.I think she was a little upset ,but we ended up laughing our heads off..........

We were also skateboarders,we would ride our skates down Carlton street to cal vine market to buy a roast beef sandwich with beef juice on the side.Sometimes we would just ride down for a pickle,that was fun........

oh,but,wait we were also singers.We would lock our self in the music room ,and sing our hearts out with the boys microphones.We would take turns singing a song that we would each choose.One of my dreams when I was growing up was to be a famous singer,but I guess not even all the practice we did work out......ha ha ha.....
hey ,but we tried.....

There are some many memories of my childhood to write about that it would take a long time .So, I'll just finish here....

Thanks Lety, for being such a big part of my life,you know all that we have been through some good things and some bad.but,you were always there for me. You never stopped loving me and I have never stopped loving you an never will.
Thank you Lord, for the ability to remember even the silliest thing of my childhood.

1 comments:

Leti said...

thank you for remembering and making me laugh...I love you too!